When it comes to the first power tools in a DIY enthusiast’s life, the Black & Decker brand is a popular choice, as it was in mine. In my Black and Decker RTX-B review, I have to say that I’m biased in its favor because it was one of my first power tools, particularly a rotary tool with its attachments.
Highlighted Features[su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- Universal collet system means that interchanging of parts between two rotary tools is possible
- Additional power from the 2-amp motor lets it handle the heavier jobs that other rotary tools can’t handle
- Quiet motor that allows for working without wearing ear muffs in some cases
- Ergonomic design from the dimensions of the rotary tool to its rubberized grip
The RTX-B has several notable features that make it a must-have tool for both DIY fans and professional woodworkers.
Performs a wide range of jobs in a fast, easy and safe manner
The Black and Decker rotary tool accessories make it possible to use the RTX-B right out of the box for a wide range of jobs. By changing the accessory, you can use the same tool for cutting, sanding, carving, grinding, cleaning, engraving, polishing, sharpening, and drilling, smoothing, shaping, and removing rust on a wide range of materials. You can use it on wood, tile, metal and concrete provided that the right accessory and settings are used.
High-torque motor for powerful performance
The RTX-B has a robust high-torque motor with a 2.0 amp capacity, thus, making it among the most powerful in its category. Basically, the motor offers as much as twice the torque and power than its competitors. In a Black and Decker RTX vs. Dremel 3000 comparison, the former is the more popular choice.
Three speeds to choose from
The RTX-B offers three speeds – 12,000; 24,000; and 30,000 revolutions/minute (RPM) – so that you can enjoy greater precision and control while using it. You will also like the separate speed dial since it adds to the safety and ease of using the rotary tool. You will find that the set-and-forget function also allows for more focus on the job at hand.
Flip-lock spindle system
The RTX-B has a flip-and-lock switch that stabilizes the head while the bits are being changed. You don’t have to hold down a button, thus, making it faster and easier to change the bits. You can also place standard rotary tool accessories on it, thanks to the universal collet system.
The RTX-B has rubber over-molded grips that allow for better grip and, thus, control and comfort while it’s in use. You can work for a couple of hours without feeling fatigue in your hand and wrist for as long as you maintain a comfortable hold on the handle. You can jump from one job to the next, also without worrying about the motor overheating.[su_row] [su_column size=”1/2″][su_box title=”What I Like” radius=”0″ class=”pros”][su_list icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#7bc542″]
- Comes complete with five accessories for starting work out of the box
- Has storage case, wrench and instructions manual
- Fast and easy changing of the accessories, even from competing brands like Dremel
- Powerful motor with three speeds necessary for better control on a wide range of jobs
- Reliable safety features including flip-and-lock spindle switch
- Relatively higher price than most rotary tools with similar features and functions
- Building a jig may be needed to hold it steady, especially when feeding the tube
- Separate purchase of Black and Decker RTX brushes to make the set more complete
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does it come with an engraving bit?
None yet. The rotary tool only comes with a sanding drum mandrel, a collet wrench, and five sanding bags.
Will a Dremel kit fit into the too?
Yes, if the Dremel kit comes in standard sizes.
In a comparison of the Black and Decker RTX-6 vs. RTX-B, the latter will likely win but, in the end, personal preferences will still win. I suggest getting a rotary tool that will fit your current needs and wants in it, then start building on more complicated setups. But you may also find that, sometimes, the simpler set-ups work better, especially in home improvement projects.
Keep in mind, too, that my Black and Decker RTX-B review is based on my personal experiences with it. I recommend it because it works well for both novice and expert projects, as well as fit most other accessories.[p_btn url=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MUSLCC”] [su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ojk1qTuDFks” controls=”no” rel=”no” modestbranding=”yes” https=”yes”]