Dremel has made a name for itself as the provider and creator of quality power tools. One thing they are heavily known for is their unique and innovative rotary tools.
In this article, we will be comparing the Dremel 3000 and Dremel 200. We will analyze their strengths and weaknesses. We will determine which one is the better rotary tool.
Both the Dremel 200 and Dremel 3000 were made by the same company, however, both of them are very different rotary tools. The Dremel 200 is a small precision tool while the Dremel 3000 is a large one.
Check out this dremel 200 vs 3000 comparison review to know more.
Table of Contents
Dremel 3000 vs 200 Comparison table
|Feature||Dremel 200||Dremel 3000|
|Motor RPM||15,000 and 35,000||5,000 to 32,00|
|Voltage||120 volts||120 volts|
|Amperes||1.15 amps||1.2 amps|
|Weight||1.8 pounds||3.4 pounds|
|No. of Accessories||15||25 and 28|
|No. of Attachments||1||1 or 2|
|Best used for||Precision work||All types of work|
|Accessory Change System||None||EZ Twist|
|Motor Power||Not specified||1.2 amps|
|Comes with case?||No||Yes|
|Price||Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Amazon|
Dremel 200 vs Dremel 3000 Rotary Tool Reviews[p_box] [p_title] 1. Dremel 200-1/15 Two-Speed Rotary Tool Kit[/p_title] [p_content] [image_align align=”left”][/image_align] The Dremel 200-1/15 was designed for laser-sharp precision and for greater control. This rotary tool is capable of completing a wide array of projects, it is very effective in handling small objects and doing delicate work.
This product is capable of switching between two speed settings, low and high. The low-speed setting was designed for cleaning, polishing and using brushes.
The high speed application is used for routing, cutting, sanding and heavy duty work.
The product is lightweight and was designed for long and extended uses. It has a lot of replaceable parts, granting it a very long lifespan.
The Dremel 200-1/15 is very small, it’s perfect for reaching hard to reach places which larger power tools could not. The product comes with 1 attachment and 15 accessories, this makes it capable of doing a variety of jobs.
The most prominent of its attachments is the 420 Cut-off Wheel which is capable of cutting through steel and solid concrete. It also has a more durable 426 Fiberglass Cut-off wheel which can cut through most materials.
What’s handy about this rotary tool is that it has an attachable wrench and a screw mandrel. You might find this rotary tool very handy, especially if you don’t have a toolbox around.
So if you’re looking for something that will help you in handling delicate and precise work, then the Dremel 200-1/15 might be the best option for you.[su_box title=”Special Features” radius=”0″ class=”pros hf”][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- The rotary tool is small and is useful in reaching hard to reach places.
- The rotary tool is very powerful, it is capable of cutting through most materials.
- The rotary tool can be used for cleaning and polishing.
- It has two speed settings to choose from, low and high.
- It comes with a lot of accessories and is capable of doing a variety of tasks.
- The rotary tool is very cheap and comes at an affordable price.
- The rotary tool is lightweight which makes it easy to handle and control. This is what makes it great for precision work.
- It comes with a two year warranty.
This rotary tool features an EZ Twist Integrated Nose Cap which allows you to switch accessories without using a wrench. It also features a 360-degree grip which makes the rotary tool easier to handle.
It has a redesigned ventilation system which allows for more air to pass through the motor. It makes the rotary tool cooler and prevents it from overheating quickly.
The rotary tool has a variable speed feature. The variable speed can be set between 5,000 to 32,000 rpm, this allows you to work in a consistent and convenient manner.
It has an efficient and powerful 1.2 amp motor which will greatly enhance the quality of your work. It also comes with 2 attachments and 28 accessories which allows it to do a variety of tasks.
The rotary tool comes with a hard carrying case and an accessory case for your added convenience. It also comes with a sanding guide, a grinding guide and a cutting guide to make you work a little bit easier.
The rotary tool has a two-year warranty in which the product can be replaced, refunded or repaired within that duration.
So if you’re looking for better control and versatility, then you might like the Dremel 3000-2/28.[su_box title=”Special Features” radius=”0″ class=”pros hf”][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- It has an EZ Twist Nose Cap which makes it easy to change accessories without using a wrench.
- It has an ergonomically designed 360-degree grip which gives comfort and enhances your grip.
- It’s redesigned to provide better ventilation. It makes it cooler and reduces the chances of overheating.
- It has variable speeds which can be set between 5,000 to 32,000 rpm.
- It comes with a carrying case, an accessory case and multiple accessories.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- It has a 2-year warranty.
- It has 1.2 amp motor.
It has a cool running ball bearing construction which allows it to operate quietly and smoothly. It has replaceable motor brushes as well.
This rotary tool is powered by an efficient 1.2 amp motor. It has variable speeds and is capable of running between speeds of 5,000 and 32,000 rpm.
It has a more efficient fan design allowing it to run for long periods of time. The rotary tool is also ergonomically designed to provide stability and comfort.
This rotary tool comes with its own hard carry case and accessory case. It also comes with 25 accessories and a single attachment.
It features a 428 carbon steel brush for cleaning and polishing. It also has a 401 Screw Mandel for your added convenience.
It is capable of handling multiple tasks such as engraving, carving, cutting, polishing and even cleaning hard to reach areas. The Dremel 3000-1/25 is a handy-dandy all-around rotary tool, and you might like this if you want an affordable but multi-purpose power tool.[su_box title=”Special Features” radius=”0″ class=”pros hf”][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- This rotary tool is compatible with most Dremel accessories and models.
- It has variable speeds ranging from 5,000 to 32,000 rpm.
- It has a lot of replaceable parts.
- It comes with multiple accessories and attachments. It even comes with a hard carry case and an accessory case.
- It is very affordable.
- It has a redesigned fan which prevents overheating. It can run for long periods of time because of this.
- It is very versatile and capable of doing a variety of tasks.
- EZ Twist Nose Cap makes switching between accessories a cinch. It also doesn’t need a screw to change accessories.
Feature Comparison Dremel 200 vs Dremel 3000
As we have said before, the dremel 200 and 3000 are both completely different rotary tools. They have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of the Dremel 200[su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- The Dremel 200 is lighter and smaller when compared to the Dremel 3000. This makes the Dremel 200 easier to control and to use.
- Because it is easy to use, the Dremel 200 is suited in doing precision and delicate work.
- The rotary tool is cheaper than the Dremel 3000.
- It is great for long jobs that may fatigue your hands.
Advantages of the Dremel 3000[su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- The Dremel 3000 is more versatile than the Dremel 200.
- It is compatible with all Dremel accessories and attachments.
- The rotary tool has variable speeds and can be set between 5,000 and 32,000 while the Dremel 200 has only two speeds to choose from.
- It also has a powerful motor capable of going at extreme speeds.
Who wins in this dremel 200 vs 3000 comparison review?
We are sorry to say this but the Dremel 200 never stood a chance. The Dremel 3000 can do all the things that the Dremel 200 can do and more!
The only rational reason we can see on why someone would buy the Dremel 200 over the Dremel 3000 is for precise specialized jobs like jewelry making and woodcarving. And yet the Dremel 3000 could still do all those tasks, albeit less effectively than the Dremel 200.