The dremel 4200 is one of the first rotary tools to have an EZ Change mechanism, it allows for fast and easy accessory changes without using a wrench. It was one the most versatile and high performing rotary tools in the market.
Take note, “it was” one the highest performing rotary tool in the market, now that the dremel 4300 has been released, the dremel 4200 is starting to lose its place at the top.
Which one is better? Is the Dremel 4200 still the leading brand or has the Dremel 4300 surpassed its predecessor? Check out our dremel 4200 vs 4300 reviews to find out.
Table of Contents
- 1 Dremel 4200 vs 4300 Comparison Table
- 2 Dremel 4300 vs Dremel 4200 Rotary Tool Reviews
- 2.1 1. Dremel 4300-9/64 High Performance Rotary Tool Kit with Universal 3-Jaw Chuck, 9 Attachments and 64 Accessories
- 2.2 2. Dremel 4300-5/40 High Performance Rotary Tool Kit with Universal 3-Jaw Chuck, 5 Attachments and 40 Accessories
- 2.3 3. Dremel 4200-4/36 High Performance Rotary Tool Kit with EZ Change, 4-Attachments and 36-Accessories
- 2.4 4. Dremel 4200 High Rotary Tool Kit with EZ Change & Case (Certified Refurbished)
- 3 Feature Comparison dremel 4300 vs 4200
- 4 Final Verdict
Dremel 4200 vs 4300 Comparison Table
|Feature||Dremel 4200||Dremel 4300|
|Tool Weight||1.2 pounds||1.2 pounds|
|Amps||1.6 amps||1.8 amps|
|Voltage||120 volts||120 volts|
|RPM(Rotations per minute)||5,000-35,000 RPM||5,000-35,000 RPM|
|Accessory Change System||EZ Change||3-Jaw Chuck|
|Kit Options||4200-4/36, 4200-6/40, 4200-8/64||4300-5/40, 4300-9/64|
|Accessories||36||64 or 40|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
|Price||Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Amazon|
Dremel 4300 vs Dremel 4200 Rotary Tool Reviews
1. Dremel 4300-9/64 High Performance Rotary Tool Kit with Universal 3-Jaw Chuck, 9 Attachments and 64 Accessories
The product also features a brand new pivot light. The pivot light is strategically placed directly in your line of sight, it will illuminate you work area help you improve the quality of your work.
The product comes with 4 attachments and 64 accessories. It is very versatile and can do a variety of jobs.
It contains one of the most powerful motors built by Dremel. With 1.8 amps of speed and power, this rotary tool will make quick work of all your projects.
It has a variable speed setting which allows you to set the rotary tool between speeds of 5,000 to 35,000 rpm, this makes your work a whole lot easier.
Its slim and ergonomically designed body provides you with a 360-degree comfortable grip, this is might be perfect if you plan to use the rotary tool for long periods of time.
This product was redesigned with a new airflow system, it’s quiet and will make as little noise as possible. This might be a good product if you prefer peace, quiet and a less stressful working environment.
2. Dremel 4300-5/40 High Performance Rotary Tool Kit with Universal 3-Jaw Chuck, 5 Attachments and 40 Accessories
The product features its A550 Shield Attachment which redirects debris, sparks and dust away from the user. The A550 Shield ensures a cleaner and brighter work area.
The product features its A576 Sandbag and Grinding guide attachment. The guide will give you easier control of the rotary tool during sanding or grinding.
It also has a 565 Cutting tool which makes the rotary tool into a rotary saw. It also has a 675 Garden Tool Sharpener and other sharpeners as well.
It has 40 accessories and 5 attachments. This makes the product very versatile and allows it to do a variety of jobs.
The product features a pivot light which makes it easier to do precision work. It also has the most powerful motor designed by Dremel, its 1.8 amps of pure power.
Last but not least, the product has a universal 3-jaw chuck which makes it easier to attach and remove accessories and attachments. If you’re looking for an all-around rotary tool, then the Dremel 4300-5/40 might be a good choice.
3. Dremel 4200-4/36 High Performance Rotary Tool Kit with EZ Change, 4-Attachments and 36-Accessories
This product has a very powerful 1.6 amp motor which is capable of moving at very high speeds. This rotary tool has a variable speed ranging from 5,000 to 35,000 rpm.
This product has 4 attachments and 36 accessories. This makes it one of the most versatile Dremel products in the market.
The product features a 360-degree grip zone. The grip zone enables the user to have better control of the rotary tool.
The Dremel 4200-4/36 is compatible with all previously designed Dremel accessories and attachments. It also has a 2 year warranty.
If you’re a big fan of Dremel and have bought a lot of their products in the past, then the Dremel 4200-4/36 might be good choice for you. It’s compatible with older models and accessories, so your money won’t go to waste.
4. Dremel 4200 High Rotary Tool Kit with EZ Change & Case (Certified Refurbished)
The product comes at an affordable price. It has a new ventilation system which allows for 20 percent more air flow.
The rotary tool has a very strong 1.6 amp motor. It’s one of Dremels most powerful motors.
It has an electronic feedback mechanism which allows for consistent power and speed. It is capable of going between 5,000 to 35,000 rpm.
Feature Comparison dremel 4300 vs 4200
The Dremel 4300 and Dremel 4200 are like siblings, in the sense that they share a lot of similarities but are also different in their own special way.
We will be looking at their similarities and difference to have a better idea on which one is the better rotary tool.
- Both the Dremel 4200 and 4300 have variable speeds ranging from 5000 to 35,000 rpm.
- They are both versatile and is capable of using various attachments and accessories.
- Both are designed to have better ventilation.
- Both have powerful motors.
- Both have 360-degree grip which provide comfort and an enhanced grip.
- Both of them have innovative designs.
- The Dremel 4300 is more expensive than the Dremel 4200.
- The 4300 features the 3-jaw chuck mechanism which is an improvement of the Dremel 4200 EZ Change mechanism.
- The rotary tool has a redesigned airflow system. It’s much quieter and cooler than the Dremel 4200.
- The rotary tool is compatible with previous Dremel models while the Dremel 4300 is not.
- The 4300 features a pivot light which provides optimal vision and illumination.
There’s a reason why the Dremel 4300 is the replacement of the Dremel 4200. The Dremel 4300 is simply a stronger, faster and overall a better rotary tool than the Dremel 4200.
The Dremel 4200 was received poorly. It turns out that the EZ change mechanism came with a lot of inconveniences, the most prominent inconvenience was its high chance of malfunctioning. This made the Dremel 4200 less desirable than previous models.
The Dremel 4300 can do everything that the Dremel 4200 can. It also replaced the EZ change mechanism with the 3-jaw chuck which is more reliable. So you could say that the Dremel 4300 is the Dremel 4200 without the malfunctions and inconveniences.
So which product wins? In our dremel 4200 vs 4300 reviews, the Dremel 4300 wins hands down.