Have you ever had issues with the cord of your rotary tool? With this Dremel 8220 Cordless rotary tool review, I’ll show you why a wireless tool such as this one is a good option for many.
Powered by a battery, the Dremel 8220 cordless rotary tool is a great addition to your toolbox. There are many situations where a rotary tool can be of use and this lightweight, portable edition ensures you have one.
- Thanks to its cordless nature, this product can let you go anywhere while working.
- The 28 accessories are good for a variety of purposes ranging from polishing to cutting.
- Thanks to its variable speed dial, the Dremel 8220 will ensure that you have the right speed for your purposes.
- It only takes an hour to fully charge this tool.
- It has separate power and speed controls so that you can retain settings between operations.
The Dremel 8220 has an impressive set of features.
Most of the time, rotary tools are limited because of their cords. This requires them to be close to the power outlet.
However, this product does not need cords to get power. Thanks to the battery life of the Dremel 8220, you will be able to work away from the outlet.
However, as a cordless rotary tool, these options are enough to give the tool versatility in the field. It has all that you could need to do repairs and essential work.
Like other Dremel tools, the 8220 can change its speeds. This is because Dremel knows that different jobs require different approaches.
For example, quick and fast is for polishing and grinding, while cutting will require a bit more power. Depending on what speed you need, just turn the dial and you will be at the right speed.
One Hour Charge
You want your job done fast. This means not waiting around for a full charge
The 8220 makes it easier with its one-hour charge. Just wait an hour and the tool should be ready to go.
Additionally, in an advantage in a Dremel 8220 vs 8200, the 8220’s battery has a higher capacity. This means you can work a lot longer, which removes one of the problems with the Dremel 8200.
Separate Speed and Power Controls
This Dremel 8220 review would not be complete without looking at the separate speed and power controls. In the past, rotary tool speeds were determined when they were turned on.
With the Dremel 8220, you just leave it at a particular speed. When you turn it on again, it will still be at that speed.
This reduces wasted time and can have you working directly.
What I Like
- The Dremel 8220 accessories are varied enough to give users a good set of options when working.
- Another advantage to using it is the freedom of going around with no need for a cord.
- Thanks to the quick charging, you will be able to get back to work after your lunch break.
- Like all Dremel tools, it will accept any Dremel accessories that you buy for it.
What I Didn’t Like
- The device vibrates too much at low speeds which will require you to have a solid grip.
- Depending on what you are doing, the battery can run out quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What exactly do I get with each 8220?
Each 8220 has 28 accessories that come with it. This gives the tool the flexibility to be used for a variety of purposes.
Besides the variable tool bits, you also get a battery and a charger. Finally, there is the shield attachment which protects you from debris and sparks from the cutting and the grinding.
How much functionality can I expect?
This tool will do anything that you have tools for. Dremel sells a wide variety of accessories that can do pretty much anything.
For example, you can use this to trim dog nails one day. The next day, you can use it polish tiles.
Overall, just buy the tools that you need for job.
I love using the Dremel 8220 because it’s got all the tools that I need to get the job done. The most important thing though is its portability. Its cordless nature allows it to be used in a lot of awkward places.
Thanks to all those factors, I think that that I should end this Dremel 8220 Cordless Rotary Tool Review with a definite recommendation. Buy one now to add a good tool to your inventory.