Dremel has made tons of different power tools in the past. Some power tools share similarities that they seem nearly identical while some are so different that you’d wonder if they were made by the same company.
And in our case, the Dremel 8220 and Dremel 4000 is somewhere in between.
The Dremel 8220 and Dremel 4000 are very similar products. Their major difference is that the Dremel 8220 is cordless and runs on batteries while the Dremel 4000 is wired.
There are various advantages and disadvantages of being cordless and we’re going discuss all of them in our dremel 8220 vs 4000 comparison review.
Dremel 8220 vs 4000 Comparison Table
|Feature||Dremel 8220||Dremel 4000|
|Weight||1.6 pounds||5.8 pounds|
|Power source||Battery Lithium-ion||Corded|
|Voltage||12 V Battery||120 Volts|
|Motor RPM||5,000 to 35,000 RPM||5,000 to 35,000 RPM|
|Cord Length||N/A||6 feet|
|Accessory Change System||EZ Twist Nose Cap||EZ Twist Push Button|
|Compatible with Dremel Accessories?||Compatible with latest accessory models. Some older models may not be compatible.||Yes|
|Price||Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Amazon|
Dremel 4000 vs Dremel 8220 Rotary Tool Reviews[p_box] [p_title] 1. Dremel 8220-1/28 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool[/p_title] [p_content] [image_align align=”left”][/image_align] Featuring the Dremel 8220-1/28. This is a cordless rotary tool.
Working on areas without a power source is now possible, making this product one of Dremels most convenient rotary tools.
It’s powered by a 12 volt Lithium-ion battery. The battery has a lifespan of 2 years and the rotary tool can be used for to 40-60 minutes before running out of power.
It also comes with a battery charger which fully charges the rotary tool within 3 hours.
An interesting feature of the Dremel 8220-1/28 is its compact weight and size. It’s able to access small and tight areas with ease.
It features the Dremel EZ Twist, an integrated nose cap wrench which allows for fast and easy accessory change. It comes with 28 accessories and a single attachment which pairs nicely with the Dremel EZ Twist.
The product has a variable speed feature which allows you to set its specific speed. It can be set in speeds between 5,000 to 35,000 rpm.
This product comes with ergonomically designed handles which gives comfort and better control of the rotary tool. Additionally, the rotary tool is very quiet even when running at full power.
If you’re looking for something light, portable and convenient, then the Dremel 8220-1/28 might be a viable option.[su_box title=”Special Features” radius=”0″ class=”pros hf”][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- The rotary tool is cordless which allows you to reach places where wired tools could not.
- The product has a 2 year warranty.
- It has variable speeds ranging from 5,000-35,000 rpm.
- It has a cool running ball construction which makes it possible to run a smooth and possible operation.
- It has an ergonomically designed handle for stability and control.
- It has a 12 volt Lithium-ion battery which can last for long periods of time.
- It’s light and compact.
The battery lasts 33% longer than its predecessor. It’s able to power your rotary tool for at most an hour.
The rotary tool has an EZ Twist cap which allows for switching of accessories and attachments without using a wrench.
The rotary tool is compatible with most Dremel models and accessories. If you’ve bought any Dremel products previously, then be glad that you can save some money by reusing your previously bought accessories.
It features a 360-degree grip zone which provides better control and comfort. The Dremel 8220 is also very lightweight and portable which makes it easier to control.
It has variable speeds which can be set between 5,000-35,000 rpm. The rotary tool also has a two year warranty.[su_box title=”Special Features” radius=”0″ class=”pros hf”][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- It makes as little noise as possible and doesn’t overheat quickly.
- It’s ergonomically designed to provide comfort and ease of use.
- It has an EZ Twist Nose Cap which removes the need of using a wrench when switching accessories.
- It has variable speeds ranging from 5,000 to 35,000 rpm.
- It’s cordless and is very portable.
- It lightweight and compact which is very useful when doing precision work.
- It has a two year warranty.
It can automatically adjust its power and speed when needed because of its electronic feedback feature.
The rotary tool features an EZ Twist mechanism which brings a lot of convenience to the user. The mechanism allows the changing of accessories and attachments easily.
It also doesn’t need a wrench when changing accessories.
The product has a variable speed feature for more versatility and precision. Its speed can be adjusted between 5,000-35,000 rpm.
The rotary tool is compatible with most if not all Dremel accessories and attachments. It comes with 50 accessories and 6 attachments.
It also comes with a hard carry case and an accessory case.
The product was designed for a quick and quiet operation. It also has replaceable motor brushes which further extends its long lifespans.
If you’re looking for a strong, durable and powerful rotary tool, then you might want to take a look at the Dremel 4000-6/50.[su_box title=”Special Features” radius=”0″ class=”pros hf”][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- It’s powered by a powerful 1.6 motor which gives superior performance.
- It has a 360-degree ergonomically designed grip which gives better control and stability.
- It has variable speeds which can be adjusted.
- It features a separate on/off switch which is separated for the speed control which allows for uninterrupted work.
- It has replaceable motor brushes for an extended lifespan.
- It has a 2 year warranty.
- It’s compatible with most if not all Dremel accessories and attachments.
The rotary tool has variable speeds that can be adjusted for a precise and a more consistent work. It is powered by a 1.6 amp motor that is capable of achieving tremendous speeds and power.
The Dremel 4000-4/34 is a really convenient rotary tool, it has an electronic feedback which automatically adjusts the speed and power of the rotary tool. It also has an ergonomic handle to make the rotary tool easier to use.
The rotary tool has an EZ Twist system which makes it easier to change attachments and accessories. It also comes with its own hard cover case and its own accessory case.
The rotary tool was has redesigned air vents which makes as little noise as possible. Additionally, the air vents provide better cooling for the motor.
The redesigned air vents also reduce the effects of overheating. If you’re looking for something sturdy and reliable, then you might be interested in the Dremel 4000-4/34.[su_box title=”Special Features” radius=”0″ class=”pros hf”][su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- It has a powerful motor capable of going 35,000 rpm.
- It’s ergonomically designed for comfort and stability.
- It has 4 attachments and 34 accessories.
- It’s compatible with all Dremel accessories.
- It can be used in a variety of ways.
- It features the EZ Twist system which replaces the need of using a wrench.
- It runs quietly and smoothly.
Feature Comparison dremel 8220 vs 4000
The Dremel 8200 and Dremel 4000 are very similar rotary tools. Their only major difference is their power source. But remove that difference and they are almost identical. “Almost”, so they still have various advantages and disadvantages from one another.
Advantages of the Dremel 8220[su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- The Dremel 8220 is wireless and can reach places which a wired rotary tool could not.
- The rotary tool is lighter and more portable than the Dremel 4000.
- It is less fatiguing to use than the Dremel 4000.
- It is cheaper than the Dremel 4000. It’s almost half its price.
Advantages of the Dremel 4000[su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#329d40″]
- The Dremel 4000 is compatible with all Dremel accessories while the Dremel 8220 is only compatible with recent accessories.
- It doesn’t need constant charging from time to time.
- The 4000 is more powerful than the 8220.
- It has a wider toolkit than the Dremel 8220.
Both the Dremel 4000 and Dremel 8220 are great rotary tools. They both have similar features that make them convenient, versatile and reliable. They are equals and neither one of them is superior to the other.
So if you were to choose buying between the Dremel 8220 and Dremel 4000, then you’d better ask yourself what your preferences are.
Do you prefer a portable and cordless rotary tool? Then you’d better get the Dremel 8220.
Do you prefer a more powerful rotary tool that is compatible with all Dremel accessories? Then you’d better get the Dremel 4000.
The dremel 4000 vs 8220 comparison review verdict: It’s a tie.
The 8220 perfect for the work I do. I needed something that I can move around with comfortably and I just found it. It does not need too much power so it helps save on my power bill ?. It’s also very affordable. Although I agree the 4000 is better if you have the extra coin. Thanks for the help.
I would go for the 4000 since I do a lot of work and it lasts longer. It is expensive but worth the price considering all the accessories it comes with. And also that it can be paired with any accessories from other dermal. Thank you so much for the reviews am going to refer many of my friends here.